Re: Foundation Spokespeople (was FW: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum)

I also think we should keep in mind that many people in our community are part of GNOME for different reasons. Not to speak for Lefty, but he's probably here because of GNOME Mobile. If he's media trained, has experience speaking with the media and wants to help out, we should not turn him down!

That said, we should make sure that we list what people are competent to speak about and make sure they feel comfortable saying "I'm not the right person to answer that question." I do that all the time with detailed technical roadmap questions now. I tell them I'm not the right person and I offer to introduce them to someone else.

Stormy

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:

> I cited Evolution as it is the program to send emails (and more)
> developed in the GNOME project; and this shows in email headers.
> Just like I wouldn't like us to send press releases in Microsoft
> Word format.

Uses the GNOME desktop, yes, uses Evolution to send mail... not so
much. We may have very credible spokespersons who use Thunderbird or
Mutt, for instance, and I'd hate to get excludy because of something
like that.

I, for one, wouldn't see a credibility gap for a spokesperson using a
"non-standard" application for something. Not using GNOME, yes, that
would be a stretch.

Best,

Zonker

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>
openSUSE Community Manager