Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Behdad Esfahbod schrieb:

Really?  Definitely not in Iran.  And not in Turkey as far as the GUADEC
experience could tell.  How did you decide it's offensive in Islamic countries?

Maybe its more in arabic countries.

I knew that from different sources and its also in the Wikipedia
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot#In_culture) . I just today asked a
turkish friend and she also said that this can be an issue. My guess is
that modern and young developers care less about those issues. As I said
I think it is worth evaluating - and what I say was based on what I
already knew. I dont actually know how each  country is different.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Thilo Pfennig - PfennigSolutions IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel (Germany)