Re: t-shirt on hackerheads

On 1/31/08, Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> wrote:

Hi,

Luis Villa wrote:
Legally-speaking, once we've registered it, as long as we defend it,
it doesn't matter if we've given them 'hints'- it is their
responsibility to do the research before reusing.

A related note: Apple, not noted for their reluctance to defend their
marks, never include (TM) or (R) in their branding for aesthetic reasons.

(TM) and (R) also send a message about the kind of organisation we are
which I'd rather avoid.

And on another note, if someone's stealing our logo he's not gonna be
refrained because of the TM, he's just gonna delete it :).
I don't think the TM or R are must haves, I agree with others that it
would look a lot more aesthetic and gnomey to not include it.

greetings

Diego