Re: Formalizing the marketing team

John Williams wrote:
Yeah, I know.   Damn!

One concrete suggestion, but not original.  Let's get ourselves
organised.  We have previously talked about meeting to brainstorm.  I
am happy to coordinate this and push it along. (Even though, since I
live on the other side of the world than most participants, I will
probably have to stay up reaaaaaally late (or get up reaaaaaaally
early) to participate ;-)

How about this:

Anyone who would like to participate in a brainstorming session about
Quim's suggestion and th e future of the GNOME marketing team, speak
up now!  Send email to the list, with a list of all days and times in
the next fortnight that you would be available.

I'm willing to help out although I've always been very skeptical about the effectiveness of IRC brainstorming and meeting sessions (I suppose they're better than mailing lists). Anyway, I've been working on getting the word of GNOME out in the rustbelt of the central United States, mainly at regional conferences, etc.

Anyway, I'm in EDT (UTC-4) right now.

August 2nd - 08:45 - 01:00 (8/3)
August 3rd - 08:45 - 15:00, 17:00 - 02:00 (8/4)
August 4/5 - No guarantees
August 6-10 - Generally 08:45 - 01:00

There, I've put my times down stating once again, I'm interested in helping to market GNOME. I think John's suggestion is great and is the most concrete step I've seen so far. However, in the end what it all comes down to is finding people to implement the ideas.

--Patrick