Re: GNOME 2.20 release notes

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 15:36 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
I'm attaching the XSLT I used.  All you have to do is:

xsltproc --xinclude -o index.html db2html.xsl release-notes.xml

(Add paths as necessary, of course.)  I'm not sure what the
http_root and http_prefix parameters were for before.  Maybe
for making and testing local builds?  Anyway, you'd have to
add those back in if needed.

The xsl:import line should probably not be hard-coded.  If
you look at Yelp, you'll find the configure.in has a call
to pkg-config to find the XSLT file.  It then AC_SUBSTs
this and AC_OUTPUTs its db2html.xsl from a db2html.xsl.in
file.  We could do something similar.

It also seems we'll need to set the path to the admonition
graphics.

We can do basically any style or content tweaks that are
necessary.  This is using the latest g-d-u, which is code
that I'm intimately familiar with.  (Caveat: the build
machine needs a recent g-d-u for this.)

This is now used in the gnomeweb-wml build system. Many thanks.
This is what it looks like, and this is what I plan to use for the
actual 2.20 release notes style:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/

Again, the actual text and image content is from the 2.14 release notes.
I'm working on that now:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/ReleaseNotes/Draft

--
murrayc murrayc com