Re: GNOME 2.20 release notes

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 11:32 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 16:48 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
Here is my first attempt at putting everything on one page (with the
content from 2.14):
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/

The good: This replaces notes/index.html, so we have 1 start page
instead of 2.

The bad: It feels very unstructured, even if I figure out how to correct
the table of contents. I wonder if there is any styling that can make
this work?

Thoughts?

Shaun, do you have any ideas about this? You are our resident yelp XSL
expert.

At the least, we need the right-hand contents list to be correct,
probably by listing each sect2 instead of sect1. I might figure out how
to do that, but I'd probably make a mess of it.

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnomeweb-wml/trunk/www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/

I don't know.  This is still using the *OLD* Yelp customizations
on top of the standard DocBook XSLT.  I haven't worked with that
code in years and years.  I'm sure I could probably figure out
how to do whatever you want with those stylesheets, but I'm not
much of an expert on them anymore.

Like last year, I'll go ahead and plug gnome-doc-utils.  This is
the output of 'gnome-doc-tool html -d2 release-notes.xml':

http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/notes2-20/index.html

--
Shaun