Re: GNOME 2.20 release notes

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 20:55 +0300, Quim Gil wrote:
(*) Taking in account these customers:

Application developers
Platform developers
Software integrators and distributors
Key software deployers (i.e. public administrations)
Software & Freedom enthusiasts
Tech press
End users at large: not a target

Please don't overlook the targeted audience of the release notes I'm
proposing here (specially the last line with the "not a target"). It
contradicts radically what we have been doing until now, and what
seems to be still the current plan.
[snip]

I don't think we've ever been targeting the general end user in the
release notes. Anyone who cares about GNOME releases is obviously an
"enthusiast" user, administrator, or developer. The announcements show
up on sites aimed at those people.

Maybe you could give a quick example of something that we wrote in the
past that was suitable for end users but not for enthusiasts.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com