Re: GNOME 2.20 release notes

Hi,

2007/8/2, Quim Gil <qgil gnome org>:
The release team has announced feature freeze for GNOME 2.19 and the
roadmapping team has got a nice http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap in
place. In theory most of the content of the GNOME 2.20 release notes
could be written now.

[After looking at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/MarketingTeam ]
Ken, Lucas, can you coordinate the production of these release notes?

Yes, I can. I guess Jorge and Murray are already working on that too?

I'll make a call for a Roadmap update still today. This will make the
Roadmap more reliable as a source of information for the release
notes.

I have made too long proposals in the past.For this release I have
just one and simple proposal: make the release notes in a single page
with clear texts and lots of illustrations, linking the relevant
features to wherever there is additional information out of the releae
notes (i.e. news in the projects websites or in newsd.gnome.org ). NOT
repeating the same SVN structure of previous releases.

Less work writing, formatting, fighting with the SVN and DocBook,
translating, reviewing in exchange of possibly more efficiency and
customer (*)  satisfaction.

(*) Taking in account these customers:

Application developers
Platform developers
Software integrators and distributors
Key software deployers (i.e. public administrations)
Software & Freedom enthusiasts
Tech press
End users at large: not a target

Honestly, except in 2.18, I think the releases notes has been quite
good and "correct". I would be really happy if we reach the same
quality level than the 2.14[1] and 2.16[2] release notes for GNOME
2.20.

--lucasr

[1] http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/en/
[2] http://www.gnome.org/start/2.16/notes/en/