Re: About The GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initative

Hi,

Joachim wrote:
No, what I was asking was for the board and perhaps the whole of Gnome
to say whether it needs a marketing team, and what it wants it to do.

Personally, I think that GNOME needs better marketing and promotion.
There are two ways that can happen - ad hoc, where people who have
things to promote do their best on their own, and people who see gaps
fill them as best as they can, or in a semi-organised way, where a group
of people with skills perhaps missing from the general population (press
relations, writing skills, market analysis) provide support and
infrastructure to the greater community.

During the boot-strap phase, a big part of that job will be listening to
what's happening inside the community and reacting to that, once trust
is gained and a track-record is established, people will come to us when
they need to promote something, and will listen to key members of the
team when we propose a direction for the project.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary