Re: Screenshot link on frontpage

--- Martin Jeppesen <d2xdt2 gmail com> wrote:

I have seen the various mockups for the Gnome
website, and I think
that one of the most important features is a visible
link named
Screenshots.

Doesn't "Take the Tour" satisfy that?

Being a 100% Linux user for more than 7 years it is
quite clear to me
what Gnome and KDE is, but I remember it was hard at
first. I couldn't
distinguish between window managers and desktops.

Same here.

Today much has happened, but I still find it hard to
explain to none
Linux users what Gnome is.

Since Gnome today also is a community new visitors
may get the
impression that Gnome is some sort of Open Source
foundation that
fight for rights, and they move on. Windows users
don't have the
desktop concept, so that is way I think a Screenshot
link is of great
importance, so Windows users don't get scared away.

Except that a screenshot won't quite explain
everything. You see a screenshot and you think "ah! it
does what windows does!"
But gnome isn't like windows -- it has to sit on top
of linux and X (uncomfortably IMO) and you have to get
it through a third party... welcome to the chaotic
world of GNU/linux :/

Win tickets to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/fifaworldcup_uk/