Re: User oriented release notes

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:40:35 +0100 (BST)
Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

But Quim's general point is sound: that instead of
each stable release being 'well this is the stuff we
managed to get done the last 6 months', we should
think about trying to plan what each release should
aim for and be focussed on at the start of the cycle.

Is it?

Let's think about it:

If your request would be true tomorrow, what goals would you
suggest for the next release? On what reasons would you suggest these
concrete goals? Why will your suggestion be better than the many
suggestions made in bugzilla?

Next, do you even have enought overview on the rather extensive GNOME
platform? I know I don't. I need to google for 'screenreader' because
I had no clue what this is. And I'm sure I have no clue what makes a
screenreader a great product.

This is another thing: I'm not even sure if we could come up with any
real good ideas. You need good and regular brainstormings with lots of
background material to create great product ideas.

Of course, we can test it. Let's start another threat where everybody
can make suggestion on the goals for the next release. It may be
interesting to see whether we can agree on something, and what this
will be. :-)

Cheers,
Claus