Re: User oriented release notes

Hi, Quim!

You didn't mention the obvious differences of GNOME and Apple:

 * GNOME does not sell an operating system.
 * GNOME does not sell computers.
 * GNOME has no stores to sell stuff.

Apple formulates for ordinary users because it has products for
ordinary users. We don't.

The next thing you didn't mention is:

 * GNOME has no feature-based release schedule.

I think Apple's 'release notes' can look that simple because they have
a feature-based schedule.

We need to ship half-implemented stuff every second release. Unless
you manage to change the release schedule, it will remain that way.

Concerning your "vision" stuff: This looks like bullshit to me. Maybe
I've seen to many clueless marketing people speak like that, and my
impression is wrong. However, it looks like bullshit. Sorry. :-(

But I share your point that it would be nice to have more developers
report about their improvements earlier. Maybe we should sent a mail to
ddl for every Beta release, reminding them to fill out the wiki page?
Together with a contact address for questions, that would probably help
tremendously.

Cheers,
Claus

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/articles/why_care/