Re: Web policies - final draft

> Just to let you know about the other side: I think, using tags for
> written content is usually a very bad idea.

Tags, or keywords, which in the WGO context are the same, have been in use for many years in scientific papers and documentation systems; if using keywords is a bad idea I think decades of use must have proven them wrong, but they are still in use - and extending to the normal user in the web via tags.

Keywords are just an alternative system for retreiving information, a system which may co-exist with a hierarchical taxonomy tree. It's not an end, but a mean to improve the way people browse and retreive information in a highly populated site or information system.

If the chosen CMS allows tags, I would use them.

álvaro
--

furilo

work  ->  http://the-cocktail.com