PROPOSAL Re: gnome app pages

Proposal to make useful products pages without being divisive:

- We call the list "GNOME products"

- On the top of the "GNOME products" page we say: "Here is a list of
featured GNOME products. For a complete GNOME software map check
gnomefiles.org" We can provide other subsets of products: last release,
desktop, embedded... If you want to suggest a subset to be featured in
the current release tell us now.

- The marketing team and specifically the wgo maintainers decide what
projects we feature, like the GNOME Journal decides what articles they
publish. Products wanting to be listed must give a good reason, help
producing a cool product page and join the DOAP game in their website.
If you want a GNOME product to be featured in the current release tell
us now.

- Where are the limits? While http://live.gnome.org/GnomeCertification
is not ready, products listed need to accomplish at least one of these
conditions: 1) part of the current release, 2) maintained product at
bugs.gnome.org, 3) hosted in GNOME servers. GTK+ based could be a
condition even if not matching the previous ones (to be discussed when a
real GTK+ proposal comes, we are not going to choose any for this
release).

El dt 08 de 08 del 2006 a les 14:47 +0200, en/na Murray Cumming va
escriure:

I don't think a list of endorsed applications makes sense and I don't
think it was one of the aims. You don't want to create confusion about
what's in the GNOME releases (hence confusing people about what promises
and schedules are in effect) and you don't want to have tedious
discussions about what's in or out. It's just an excuse for half the
developers to feel sad or angry.

Someone (Frederico if he finds time) needs to push the GNOME Application
Certification idea instead:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeCertification

That seems like a fairly sane way to share the GNOMEness  without being
divisive.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com