Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 04:15 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
"Software Map" is not the right way to approach these problems, and it's not
the right way to get things our users care about on the page.

Fair enough, I'll back my stubborn ass off the case :)

To summarize:

- Our focus now is to present the Gnome desktop in the context of higher
level products, with emphasis on benefits and features.

- We are going ahead with a software map as outlined in [1], which will
basically just be a list of endorsed applications (or whatever we are
calling it now). We are still going ahead with it, right?

That's a very simple Apache configuration change. We need not be
concerned about this (or breaking the existing wgo/projects URLs) at
all.

It's not just about that. It will look and feel different, just not
integrated.

That's fine. We're running to a highly compressed schedule. We can make the
template look reasonably similar. We Have The Technology.

All right then.

All the other things discussed are now basically a non-issue. I'm sorry
for wasting your times, though I hope it made things clearer for others
too. Looking forward to real progress :)

Greg

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/SoftwareMap