Re: gFooBar website

I don't know much about the w.g.o web infrastructure.  I am assuming they are
all plain html now, any reason not to use php for them all?  Perhaps we could
use a shared set of includes for all project sites that.  Those includes could
reference one standard css that is used for all project sites but could also
reference a css unique to each site that could over ride things.  I would
really need a better understanding of the current web infrastructure to really
recommend something, but this is just an idea.

But something like this:

<?php include="/includes/sidebar.inc" ?>

Then sidebar.inc would include a reference to the sites css to override colors
and fonts.  Also, sidebar.inc could include another include for things unique
to the site, news.inc, nav.inc, etc.

<?php include="/includes/gFooBar/news.inc" ?>
<?php include="/includes/gFooBar/nav.inc" ?>

Just a thought.  I would be happy to help out with this... but again I know
very little about the existing w.g.o setup.

--Ken

Quoting Andreas Nilsson <nisses mail home se>:

As some of you know, I've been working on a new Nautilus website the
last couple of days, heavily based on the gedit site. After a request by
Luis I have now made a base for other websites on w.g.o/projecs to use
if they feel they need a fresh looking website, but lacks a nice looking
design.
I've made it very friendly towards potential developers, because many
times you want to help out with a app, but don't know how to start.

Some minor issues that still bugs me:
* The sidebar stuff needs to be updated for every page in the site when
a new version arrives. It would be nice to have something like <?php
include="sidebar" ?>, but is that possible in html?
* It would be nice to put some of the stuff in images in like
w.g.o/project/images to make it easy to update if, say someone comes up
with a better bug icon.
* Maybe the front-screenshot class of gfoobar.css should be in
w.g.o/gnome.css

Feedback?
- Andreas