Re: Using "GNOME" and the foot logo on t-shirts/etc.

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 13:50 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 07:38:43PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 13:33 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 06:12:03PM +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
explicit permission from the GNOME Foundation. However, you may
make t-shirts, bussiness cards if you are related to GNOME and you
contribute to the effort. For example, a local GNOME team can make
 Actually, I think we don't agree with the use for a business card !
Having the foot on a business card may fool the person seeing that the card holder is representaing the project on business or legal matters.
I personally disagree with that and I don't think I'm the only one.
We've already agreed that this may only be for non-commercial business
cards. It's just that English doesn't have a good word for non-
commerical business cards.
 How do you distinguish those ? I think it is a serious matter.

We'll not call them "business cards". We'll call them something lame
like "address cards".
Ok, address cards they will be called.

It might look I am stressing on something that not many people will actually use, and if it is used in some situations it will be very local (a few people in a specific area in the world), so whatever the use of the foot/"GNOME", it might not matter as noone will know. I do not think like that. I would prefer
to get it right now for future reference.

More on my guessing on how such a position might look like:
1. What we say here is not binding at all to our future rights, as such a process to difficult to do. This is an unofficial indication on what you *might* do and we reserve the right to hunt you down. It *might* be ok to put the foot (and/or) "GNOME" on your local t-shirts, cups, etc, however this must be a totally personal and non-commercial way. If you do so, don't be a cow and do send an
e-mail to this marketing mailing list, with the SVG.
Bussines cards featuring foot or "GNOME" are a big no no. You *might* be able to make "address" or "contact details" cards, and when you give them you have to say so, that these are not "bussines cards"
but cards with your contact details.
Finally, in the remote chance that slashdot/osnews finds your personal "GNOME" embroidered underpants and twists it (the news, not the underpants) beyond recognition, you *must* visit their forums
and reason with each one of their fine opinions.

Is this slightly better?

Simos