Re: Using "GNOME" and the foot logo on t-shirts/etc.

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 17:20 -0400, Fernando San Martín Woerner wrote:
El lun, 13-06-2005 a las 22:18 +0100, Simos Xenitellis escribió:
Hi All,
We (Greek team) are planning to print some t-shirts for local use and
would like to use "GNOME" and the foot.

same situation here in Chile, i'm plannig to print GNOME shirts

We would like to do it right, and in the process help others in a
similar situation.
"GNOME" and the foot logo are (c) by the GNOME Foundation.

1. Does this apply to the US only? Is it worldwide? (am clueless on this
stuff)
2. Would the GNOME Foundation like to approve first the image before
they are printed on the t-shirts?
3. Are there SVG files from similar work?

what about bussiness cards with gnome logo, is already a policy for
that?

We at gnome-nl have already produced business cards with the gnome foot
logo.
I can't recall that it has been said anywhere from within the gnome
foundation that you can't use it for non-commercial reasons.
We simply figured that since quite a few of our members are gnome
foundation members and from the fact that we have been using the gnome
foot on our web page for ages that it would be all right.
further investigation turned up this mailing-post from Owen Taylor where
he mentions (as a opinion and not as a fact) that the gnome foot logo
can not be used for commercial business cards. this implies that it
could be possible to use them for non-commercial gnome related business
cards.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2005-March/msg00067.html

I don't know how far you are with business cards, but i could give you
our design. However at the moment i can only offer a low quality one,
and i can only get the high quality one in about a week.
I was planning to put it on the marketing live.gnome page at some point,
but hadn't found time to do that yet.

here is my blog about our cards:
http://www.stratos-online.nl/blog/02May2005
and here is a pdf demo of the card:
http://www.stratos-online.nl/card_demo.pdf

we had the benefit that the company i work for also does business
cards.
so we could get full color, double sided cards at no cost.

regards

--
Fernando San Martín Woerner
Jefe de Informática