Re: [Fwd: Re: New supporter]

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 13:29 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

To make a long text short: We need a better answer to the 'Who's
responsible for product decisions?' question.

The long-term  direction  of  the  project is dictated by impromptu woprkinng
groups,
[etc. snipped]

I think this is one, or perhaps the key, point that people used to
non-free or commercial software find confusing and hard to accept.  We
might take some steps to assuage these concerns by being a bit more
specific.

There are, are there not, a small group of people who decide which
modules are included in GNOME and which are not, at each release?  I was
under the impression that one person was designated release-bunny in
order to make these sort of decisions.  We also have a QA team.

Or is it the case that those people are nominally in charge, but the
decisions they make are driven by the anarchic (I do not use that term
in a pejorative sense!) nature of GNOME?  If that is so, we can try to
explain this in a way tat makes sense to others.