Re: Object model of ThreePointZero

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:25:13 +1100
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

<quote who="Claus Schwarm">

I'm know this is not the right list to ask but does anybody know, or
is able to explain what this "object" paradigm for threepoint zero
means? Is this really just: "An object (ie. a file with a certain
type) has its own window"? What about the rest of the desktop?

Maybe there is a web site with a description how a typical session
under the model might look like?

No, it's immensely non-specific at the moment. In current GUIs,
"Window, Icon, Menu, Pointer" (WIMP) are the first-class objects that
matter most. The current Topaz discussion is all about first-class
objects that really matter to users -> people, documents, events, etc.
Don't try to nail it down too much, it's not even close to relevance
yet.

I didn't wanted to nail it down, just understand.

The reason I'm asking on the marketing list is because I'm not quite
sure if the market implications of the model are indeed "pretty well
understood".

(It's really off-topic for this list, and it's not really going to be
of concern for some time.)

It's not that I thought, three point zero is around the corner. I'm
sure, you know the wiki page gets linked somewhere else already.

When people don't understand what they read there, it _may_ be spreading
FUD on their site. This is about communication, and thus marketing.

However, I apologize for being off-topic, then.

Cheers,

Claus