Re: Object model of ThreePointZero

<quote who="Claus Schwarm">

I'm know this is not the right list to ask but does anybody know, or is
able to explain what this "object" paradigm for threepoint zero means? Is
this really just: "An object (ie. a file with a certain type) has its own
window"? What about the rest of the desktop?

Maybe there is a web site with a description how a typical session under
the model might look like?

No, it's immensely non-specific at the moment. In current GUIs, "Window,
Icon, Menu, Pointer" (WIMP) are the first-class objects that matter most.
The current Topaz discussion is all about first-class objects that really
matter to users -> people, documents, events, etc. Don't try to nail it down
too much, it's not even close to relevance yet.

The reason I'm asking on the marketing list is because I'm not quite sure
if the market implications of the model are indeed "pretty well
understood".

(It's really off-topic for this list, and it's not really going to be of
concern for some time.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: April 18th-23rd                    http://linux.conf.au/

     "On Tuesday I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Zack and two
             ladies whom I presume are gracious." - Seth Schoen