Re: GNOME en P2P networks

2005/12/23, Santiago Roza <santiago roza thymbra com>:
However, if we put legitimate gnome content, you
think that will encourage shady gnome content to get uploaded as well?

if we put legitimate gnome content once, that will encourage people to
"help" and make their own "special" versions (compressed with rar with
their very own password and some stupid readme), and update them when
they feel is necessary (including alphas and stuff that shouldn't be
released).

I think this is pointless. You always have this situation. Everybody
ca do it on their webpages. Fedora , SuSE, many distributions already
use these networks as a way of distribution. I think it is good if the
content gets more and more legal. Don't discriminate the technology
because there are some legal concerns with some of the content. P2P is
a good thing. Many P2P applications are switching to only allow
donwloading of legal content.

Thilo
--
http://www.pfennigsolutions.de