Re: response to linus...?

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 02:57 -0300, Santiago Roza wrote:
it's not my fault if gnome's developers don't give a f*ck about public
relations, external communication, marketing, and pretty much
everything other than coding.

but... if developers cared to consider the marketing team as something
other than a mindless advertising puppet (btw maybe they're right
about us), we as a team (not myself as a person; again i don't give a
f*ck about myself here) would be in a position to reply linus "you are
right and we will talk to the developers so they can adress that
mistake".  but that will never happen.

anyway, the fact that we have zero communication with developers isn't
important at all; that would be marketing and we're the
gnome-advertising-puppets-team.

The marketing-team needs to provide some leadership, instead of just
waiting for the developers to provide marketing leadership. If the
marketing team wants the developers to do something, and if they can
explain why and how, that would be great. It hasn't happened yet, but
lots of developers are on this list because they want to help make that
happen.

However, Santiago, your responses here are not providing leadership.
Your enthusiasm is good, but you'll get nowhere by ranting.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com