Re: response to linus...?

what exactly is it that you think that yet another round of discussion
on this topic will accomplish?

well, it's marketing (or to be exact, public relations) 101... you (as
an organization) don't just shut up when someone trashes your image.

go write a high-profile article trashing coca-cola or intel or
whatever big brand, and see if their public relations department stays
quiet...

"he who keeps silent, consents".  those brands i mentioned would never
do that, but we do because we're so much smarter than they are, and we
know much more than them about public image building... oh god.

anyway, i guess there's no point in discussing marketing issues in a
list that couldn't care less about what marketing means.  isn't that
just sad, or am i being too pesimistic tonight?

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra