Re: Please sit down before reading this, and take a deep breath.

But "GNOME" also means "gnome", i.e. a small, dumpy, cutesy-stupid type
fellow.  Following Murray's repeated points about brand association, is
that the type of image we want?

well maybe it's not the type of image we want, but imho it's way too
late to change that name: it's been 8 years since the gnome project
was started, and our brand awareness is very high amongst the free
software community.

so it'd have to be a fatal reason for us to change that name, and this
one doesn't sound like that.

anyway, i don't think anyone cares much about this, considering the
success of other free software projects with weird names, like wine or
the lame encoder.

By the way, Santiago, I think collecting negative reviews is incredibly
useful.

well, it doesn't look too useful when that collection doesn't get to
the people who should be reading it  :)

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra