Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:37:24AM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

Claus Schwarm wrote:
 * No 'exclusive' influence on developers or product decisions. Even
   the board is unable to do that.

Ahem. The board *shouldn't* do that. Not the same thing.

We are a sub-group of the GNOME project. If we have some suggestions for
Nautilus, backed up with real user feedback, I am sure we will have more
weight than any old Joe Bloggs. We haven't tested the theory yet, though.

Not true.  The decision to use spatial in nautilus was done by a
lot of talking to Alex and Dave by the usability team.  It took them
awhile to convince them to do it.  So it's possible to convince devs.

In fact, I would argue that the newer maintainers are a lot less anal about
things than those in the past.  Using bugzilla and a little data, and maybe
some kind of test environment to show it. (ahem.. see prev rant. )