Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

Hi,

Santiago Roza wrote:
not particularly. It's beautiful to a very strange niche.

a very strange niche... that seems to be a bigger userbase than ours  :(

anyway, i wasn't saying kde looks good (cause it doesn't imho), but it
does focus on "pretty with no other purpose", while we don't.  so we
shouldn't be pushing that concept, cause that would be suicidal
positioning  :)

In general, I think we should avoid the KDE vs GNOME rhetoric. Not just because we're on the same side (free software desktop), but also because we lose sight of the 95% market share monster if we get caught up in turf wars. If you want to compare GNOME to something, compare it to windows or MacOS X.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary