Re: [Ekiga-list] Some new queries

Le mercredi 04 novembre 2015 à 10:22 +0100, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
On 04/11/15 10:07, Bret Busby wrote:
On 04/11/2015, Eugen Dedu <eugen dedu univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
On 04/11/15 06:54, Bret Busby wrote:
And, now, yeat another query. In trying to send a chat message to a person, I got the following response; "NOTICE: Could not send message: user offline" When that happens, does the message then get dropped (discarded as being unable to be sent), or, does the message get retained, and, then sending effected, when the addressee next logs in?
Hi Bret, I wrote about this in http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Sending_instant_messages_.28chatting.29: messages are not stored. It would be better, if possible, to inform about that in Ekiga itself, I put this on my TODO list. -- Eugen
Hello. Thank you or your reply. Is there and chance of the messages not being stored, being changed in the upcoming version 5?
Currently, nothing changed. What you ask does not depend on Ekiga, but on the Ekiga.net (or whatever) platform. Messages need to be stored on server, not on Ekiga itself, in order to be delivered when the user connects. It is planned to improve Ekiga.net soon, if Damien does not answer in 1-2 days I suggest to create a bug report.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a module supporting this in Kamailio or OpenSIPS. There is the msilo module, but it is limited to "MESSAGE" SIP requests while Ekiga will move to the more modern MSRP.

Unfortunately again, I do not think that Ekiga 5.0 will be a big improvement in that area. We are severely lacking manpower. And while we will support more codecs, a revamped UI using modern libraries, other features like server-side contacts lists, im history and so on will not be implemented now.
--
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org