Re: [Ekiga-list] About Ekiga.net

Hello Tony,

Thank you for the e-mail.

Ekiga is the software. It is based on the SIP protocol, and as such, is compatible with other SIP software : client-side and server-side.
Ekiga.net is the platform. It is where you register a free SIP address that you can exchange with friends and family to get in touch.

Of course, you do not need Ekiga.net to use Ekiga. Some people use Ekiga with their own PBX system, with Polycom videoconferencing software, or with other SIP providers.

But if you do not use them and need to ekiga to talk to relatives, the easiest is to get a SIP address from there.

I think we need help with maintaining the WEB look&feel of the various sites (outside of coding skills to maintain the software and the platform).

Damien