Re: [Ekiga-list] Cannot Register From Particular Computer

On 21/03/14 00:39, Porcelain Mouse wrote:
Dear Ekiga Users List,

I short while after I got my Ekiga SIP account and tested it, I started
to get registration errors on my main computer (Linux).  It seems to
work okay from a netbook (also Linux) I have even when it's on the same
network using the same account.  I haven't use it very often, but I
would like to use it more now and the problem has persisted for the past
year or so. If something changed on my main computer that caused it, I
don't know what it was.

Recently, I tried using jitsi and, while jitsi registered an IPTEL
account, it would not register the Ekiga account.  Ekiga, on the other
hand, cannot register the IPTEL account, either.

Seems like I should be able to figure it out, but I've been over the
configurations many times and it's not apparent if I'm doing anything
wrong.

Below is '-d 4' output from Ekiga, but I've already passed it through
the ekiga-debug-analyzer script and redacted a few tidbits.  Can anyone
help me figure this out?

  ========================   0:02.318 subscriber...052c0cf700 SIP
Sending PDU (585 bytes) to:
rem=udp$86.64.162.35:5060,local=udp$192.168.20.101:5060,if=192.168.20.101%em1

The address 192.168.20.101 above is a private IP address, and will not work with an ekiga.net account. This appears surely because you have checked off the Enable network detection in Preferences. Check it on and restart ekiga.