Re: [Ekiga-list] single ldap entry? send/receive/pop from a queue?

On 25/06/14 08:33, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 24/06/2014 15:39, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
On 18/06/14 09:32, thufir wrote:
is it possible to "send" a single ldap entry "to" ekiga, and the return
the modified record "to" ldap?  I would like to treat the directory as a
queue.  Specifically, there should *not* be random access to the queue,
it should not be brows-able, all the agent should get is one entry at a
time.

Modifying the entry is optional.

or, maybe is ldap not right technology?  I've only really read what's on
the ekiga site about it, and a few others.

This is envisioned for a single agent, but possibly that might increase,
so that a group of agents might share a queue, but an entry would only
go to a single agent.

I was looking at:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Add_a_remote_address_Book_.28LDAP.29

with the condition that the agent should only have access to one record
at a time.

I think you have to look at LDAP, if it allows one entry at a time.  I
do not see how ekiga could help here, sorry.

In fact, you could write a plugin to handle that. Ekiga's organisation
makes it quite straightforward.

Just to say that this would prevent ekiga to browse LDAP entries, for ex., but it does not prevent people to use another (simple) program to do whatever they wish with the LDAP server.