Re: [Ekiga-list] could not register (method not allowed)

On 28/07/14 20:50, Thomas Hill wrote:
Am 26.07.2014 um 15:26 schrieb Eugen Dedu:
On 26/07/14 11:59, Thomas Hill wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use ekiga on the same machine as my asterisk server is
running on.
(note: my asterisk configuration is working fine as I can register the
account from a windows laptop using X-lite. I would however like to
switch to ekiga and have it running on my linux server which is up
24/7).

I am aware that asterisk and ekiga can not both be using port 5060 and
therefore changed the port ekiga is using to 5061 using the
gconf-editor. However still no success.

First of all, please use ekiga version 4, it is better.

Otherwise, your log is too short, it does not present the REGISTER
exchange to see where the problem is.

You do not have any account in ekiga. If you wish to call an account on ekiga.net, like 500, you need an ekiga.net account.

Note also that you need to have "Network detection" (or smth like that) on in Preferences.