[Ekiga-list] Ekiga test today

I just did a test using Ekiga with another noobie Ekiga user. He used Ekiga 4.0 for Windows, and I used Ekiga 3.2.6 for Linux for the test.

1. I would like to carry out another test with another user of Ekiga 3.2.6. Please respond to me directly if you can help.

2. We were able to converse.

3. I was only able to see video of myself, and he was only able to see video of himself.

4. We had a brief discussion regarding the SIP protocol. Is there more than one SIP protocol? ie. Is it possible that different software uses different protocol/s, or part thereof? For example, I believe Empathy has 'some SIP support'. Do Ekiga and Empathy not talk to each other at all?

5. I chose Ekiga because it is multi-platform (Linux, Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX). This is necessary at the moment because most people I have been using Skype with use computers with Microsoft or Apple OS. In the long term, I think that people should be able to choose any SIP software they like, and they should be able to talk to each other.

Greg Flint

PO Box 642
Parap
NT 0804
Australia

Phone +61 (0)8 8945 1725
Mobile +61 (0)428 279 021
Australian Central Standard Time (CST) = GMT + 9.5
sip: el_gallo_azul ekiga net
sip: 473936 sip diamondcard us