Re: [Ekiga-list] Account is no locked anymore. What to do?

On 08/19/2013 09:19 AM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 03:51:40AM -0500, junk_no_spam wrote:

I have setup my system to Hungarian environment.

So, if I want run your script, I must do:
export LC_ALL=C

OK, added it to my script. The app test checks for the
"is" word to pass the check. I would have thought it would be
a *LANG* variable problem.

Sorry for the hassle with the script. Original was a quick hack
just to prove my firewall/router was not my Ekiga problem.
My problem was finally resolved when I got Diamond to remove
my IP from their blacklist.

Why two? Because I realize that that whenever I run the script twice in
a row I get different output. Why?

Could be a port setup problem in a slow/busy system.
You might increase the time values by one or two.

This command creates a listening port
    $_nc_app $_ipv_mode -l $_pkt_sw $_dport > $_svr_fn  2>&1 &

and this one sends a message to the listener.
    /bin/echo "$_msg" |$_nc_app $_test_args $_dport

You can try changing -w 2 to -w 3 in the test_args= string
to give the sender a longer wait time to get the connection
established with the receiver.

Maybe we need a delay between listen setup and send msg.

If playing with -w X did not help then add a sleep X between both. Example:
    $_nc_app $_ipv_mode -l $_pkt_sw $_dport > $_svr_fn  2>&1 &
    sleep 1
    /bin/echo "$_msg" |$_nc_app $_test_args $_dport

As for your audio problem. I know in older releases on Mageia/Mandrake,
I had to run audacity (audio editor) to get the mic port link setup
in /dev.

Since you indicated linphone worked, I would assume you have not picked
the correct microphone device in Ekiga Preferences.

If you "grep audio: /etc/group" and it returns a line, I would go ahead
and add yourself to the audio group. You have to log out/in to pick it
up.
Current groups I have added to my account are;
[bittwister wb]$ groups
adm disk lp floppy games cdrom usb cdwriter audio video
 <snip>