Re: [Ekiga-list] expat support for ptlib

On 30/11/12 17:46, Sreenivas Gunturi wrote:
As suggested I checked for duplicate ptlib ( using synaptic package manager).  For some strange reason it is showing only libpt2.10.4 and libpt-dev as installed.  There is no ptlib-2.10.9 according to synaptic.  It is as though the entire install I did of ptlib 2.10.9 vanished!  So I repeated the ptlib2.10.9 again just now using the following steps:
1. downloaded ptlib-2.10.9.tar.xz from ekiga site
2.  extracted to get the folder ptlib-2.10.9
3.  opened terminal; cd to folder ptlib-2.10.9
4.  ./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install
5.  all the steps seem to have gone without any error (at least none that I could see).
6.  Checked again using synaptic.  Lo and behold it still shows only  libpt2.10.4 and libpt-dev as installed!No sign of 2.10.9 anywhere!

Remove your ptlib, opal installations. Additionally, remove all ptlib, opal and ekiga with synaptic.

Afterwards install ptlib, opal and ekiga and there will be no confusion.