Re: [Ekiga-list] Dependencies

On 17/11/12 00:45, Ian Murdoch wrote:
Hi All,

I am an ekiga fan and have been using it with great satisfaction for about
five years, with various different operating systems. I am currently using
it with Puppy Linux and have version 3.2.7 installed, which came with the
Package Manager of that distro. It functions well.

But now a new version of Puppy has been released, called “Precise”, which
offers ekiga version 3.3.2. I would like to use it, but when I went to the
Package Manager it told me that Ekiga requires 49 Dependencies to be
installed for functionality. (The PM includes software which analizes the
dependency tree and presents the results). I looked at the list of deps.
presented, but realised that I don’t have enough criteria to decide if they
are all necessary. My intuition tells me that many are not necessary. Also,
I have previously understood that the indispensable dependencies are: PTLIB
and OPAL, with perhaps one or two of their deps.

So, my question is: Does anyone have a list of the indispensable
dependencies that must be installed in order that ekiga may have basic
functionality and which could be posted here?

Please note that I am not a computer techie and therefore do not have in
depth knowledge of these matters. Any help will be appreciated.

Look at http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Compiling_Ekiga#Dependencies.

The only dependency having changed between 3.2 and 3.3 is that the latter uses boost base and signals instead of libsigc++-2.0-dev.

Note also that it is strongly recommended to use ekiga >= 3.9.90 instead of 3.3.2.