[Ekiga-list] Dependencies

Hi All,

I am an ekiga fan and have been using it with great satisfaction for about five years, with various different operating systems. I am currently using it with Puppy Linux and have version 3.2.7 installed, which came with the Package Manager of that distro. It functions well.

But now a new version of Puppy has been released, called “Precise”, which offers ekiga version 3.3.2. I would like to use it, but when I went to the Package Manager it told me that Ekiga requires 49 Dependencies to be installed for functionality. (The PM includes software which analizes the dependency tree and presents the results). I looked at the list of deps. presented, but realised that I don’t have enough criteria to decide if they are all necessary. My intuition tells me that many are not necessary. Also, I have previously understood that the indispensable dependencies are: PTLIB and OPAL, with perhaps one or two of their deps.

So, my question is: Does anyone have a list of the indispensable dependencies that must be installed in order that ekiga may have basic functionality and which could be posted here?

Please note that I am not a computer techie and therefore do not have in depth knowledge of these matters. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Ian RM.