Re: [Ekiga-list] Difference between 500 and 520 echoes

On 10/01/12 00:17, Dima Sorkin wrote:
>> Hi.
>>    Ekiga 3.2.7 at Debian/SID (powerpc).
>>
>>    When I call 500 at ekiga dot net, I hear silence,
>>    and in fact, the numbers at the bottom of a window show that
>>    no audio is received from the ekiga.net server. Video is ok,
>>    after 20 sec my cam is echoed to me back.
>>
>>    On the other hand, when I use the 520 at ekiga dot net,
>>    it returns call to me, and then audio is just fine.
>>    Other audio echo services (4444 at sip2sip dot info) work fine.
>>
>>    With Twinkle on the same machine the audio echo from 500 at ekiga is fine.
>>
>>    What can be the reason that with Ekiga I get no audio echo from 500 ?
>
> This is surely a bug.  Could you use in debian the ekiga version from
> experimental and tell if the problem persists?
>
> --
> Eugen

Hi, Eugen.

  I have built ekiga-snapshot using your script. Exactly the same phenomena
  persists. It is Debian Sid on PowerPC-32bit (iBook G4). Maybe its
  endianness matters ?!
  On x86*, regular version of Ekiga (3.2.7) does not have this buggy
  behavior.

  If this case seems interesting and more data is needed, I can provide it.

Thanks,
  Dima.