Re: [Ekiga-list] Advertisements on Ekiga.org with OpenX?

On 30/01/12 19:25, Genghis Khan wrote:
Dear everyone

Please submit your opinion (yes&  no) about this issue.
Your opinion IS important.

I do not like ads. But if other people prefer them, I am not too much against them (provided that they are not disturbing).

Eugen

Dear Admins

Please put advertisements related to SIP technology (SIP telephones or
SIP server providers (e.g. Diamondcard) etc.) on Ekiga.org
...with contracts, of course, not just ads for fun :-P

Please use YOUR OWN advertisement platform/server (controlled
exclusively by you) like OpenX.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpadsnew/
http://www.openx.com/

OpenX (phpAdsNew) is an open-source ad server, with an integrated
banner management interface and tracking system for gathering
statistics. With OpenX you can easily rotate paid banners and your own
in-house advertisements.

I believe that advertisements, of trusted good (e.g. SIP telephones, or
businesses that can install SIP to land line gateways) and service
providers (e.g. SIP to land line) will increase the popularity of the
SIP technology and the use Ekiga. The more various uses we will be
reading about, the more SIP users are going to be.

Important note: In order to prevent future embarrassment and joylessness
with pay services (e.g. someone was paying for Diamondcard and Ekiga
did not always operated well), please suggest other SIP clients (one or
two) in case Ekiga is not working well, or, as you do here in the
mailing lists, asking from the users to test Ekiga with a free ekiga.net
account and only after use pay services.
I do believe that this should be proposed by the service providers, not
by the Ekiga staff.