Re: [Ekiga-list] Advertisements on Ekiga.org with OpenX?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:31:00 -0500
Stuart D Gathman <stuart gathman org> wrote:

> I really like targeted ads, PROVIDED they do not "pop up", "pop-over"
> or use flash (gif/png animation is ok).  Nice well-behaved targeted
> banner ads keep me informed of services available for the technology
> I am reading about.  It is ok to pop-up and even use sound when you
> click on an ad.

I too would like to see GIF, JPEG, PNG (static and animated).

For your information:
There is a new type of animated banners with CSS3 (alternative to SWF)

Horizontal http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/AnimatedWebBanners/index.html
Vertical http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/AnimatedWebBanners/index2.html

I don't like the banners on this website, they are consuming more than
40% of my CPU power, but at least don't take 110% like Flash/SWF does.
CSS3 would be nice if it won't consume so much CPU, and if it is
possible to make animated CSS3 banners to consume low rate of CPU power
like most GIF and PNG banners do, then I woudn't have any issue with it.

You can use CSS to switch images on mouse hovering, which is very nice.

I have found this animated CSS3 banner website at OccupyFlash (TVV1tT3R)

Occupy Flash - The movement to rid the world of the Flash Player plugin
http://www.reddit.com/domain/occupyflash.org/
http://occupyflash.org/