[Ekiga-list] Acoustic feedback

I am wondering if I am missing a setting some where.
The system is Xububtu 11.10, logitech webcam pro 9000, Bose companion
speakers. The annoying issue is that is I have the volume loud enough
to hear the speakers during an echo test the microphone is too
sensitive and causes acoustic feed back. Echo cancellation is on, it
does reduce the feedback considerably  I have adjusted the jitter
buffer from 200 - 1500 ms. this doesn''t seem to have much affect.

With the same volume levels skype does not cause any feedback.