Re: [Ekiga-list] Receiving calls

On 28/12/12 22:17, gideon425 ekiga mailnull com wrote:
So far, I have only used ekiga for making calls.

I am now thinking about receiving calls and have been looking at ekiga.net for information. My computer is configured with a firewall and this renders my ports inaccessible to others on the internet. I do not want to change this configuration.

Looking at ekiga.net, I think that they provide an SIP address but no service to route calls to me. Is that correct?

It is correct.

If so, I would seem to have two options
1) somehow get hold of a service which routes call packets from them to me

There is one at iptel for audio if I remember correctly, others might exist.

Maybe you can install the server on your computer too, and let your friends connect to your computer?

2) use a private conference room provided by ekiga.net so I can just use ekiga as a calling client and get the other party to call the room

Yes, but in this case it is still you who initiate the conversation. Check also whether ekiga.net's conference rooms work.

I personally do not see other solutions.

Damien plans to work on this sometimes soon.