Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekgia Not playing Video
- From: simon mungewell org
- To: "Eugen Dedu" <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
- Cc: Ekiga mailing list <ekiga-list gnome org>, shubhanshu shukla <shubhanshu shukla gmail com>
- Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekgia Not playing Video
- Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:57:20 -0400
That's a very plausible explanation, however 'try rebooting' is not really
a solution. I have experienced this issue ever since I got this machine.
There must either be a hardware incompatability, or some other
part/configuration of Windows7 which is grabbing the overlay before Ekiga
can get to it.
I also CC'ed Shubhanshu as he started this thread and might not be on the
>> Possibly this error message.... which I get on a Dell running Windows7.
> Ok. Now I see this line in your previous output:
> 2011/09/01 16:26:44.115 0:33.025 GMVideoOut...nager:2192 DirectX no
> Overlay Capabilities
> This comes from
> This ressembles to bug
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=626515, without being the same.
> In your case, the problem is what is shows: no Overlay Capabilities, and
> ekiga (at least for the moment) needs this. Try restarting Windows.
> Also, avoid starting an application using video output. That is all I
> can say, since I do not know video things too well.
] [Thread Prev