Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga.net account with Android 2.3.4 native SIP-client

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:34:22PM +0000, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

> >Most likely it is neither you nor the Android SIP client. The
> >ekiga.net server has an overly restrictive configuration, which
> >prevents any sufficiently up-to-date SIP client from registering from
> >behind NAT. There have been numerous posts on the list regarding this.
>
> I imagine this isn't a trivial issue to fix, but all the same do we know who looks after Ekiga.net and w???ould this be something that could be addressed?
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Dave,

According to the info on
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga.net_VoIP_service_subscription#FAQ
it is Damien Sandras who looks after ekiga.net

I've searched the mailing list archives for mails from Damien
about this issue, but haven't found any the last few months.

It would be nice to know what he thinks of the issue in this
thread and how it can be fixed...  I hope he has the time and is
willing to fix it...

In my opinion, it would really be a Big step forward for the Open
Source VoIP community if the native Android 2.3.4 SIP client
could register and work with ekiga.net accounts...

Regards,
Bart

--
	"Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."