Re: [Ekiga-list] audio input not working

On 14/03/11 19:19, Giorgio wrote:
Il 14/03/2011 18:17, Eugen Dedu ha scritto:
On 13/03/11 19:43, Giorgio wrote:
When I run echo test I hear the message but I get no echo of my voice.
Same during call: I hear the voice but my friend don't hear me.

Of course my hardware works normally with others SW. In Windows 7 Ekiga
audio works with same hardware.

OS: Linux Mandriva 2010.2 64 bit,
Ekiga 3.2.6

You need to send us the debug output (-d 4).
The file has been created during the following operations:

1) start Ekiga from terminal with this command/ekiga -d 4
2>ekiga_debug_1.txt/
2) wait till opening is complete
3) call echo test
4) wait end of echo test message
5) speak several times into microphone
6) close Ekiga

hope it's what you asked for.
Attached you'll find the compressed version of file.

Giorgio, here is what opal developer says about your bug:

Sorry, I have never seen this one before!

My only guess is something in the audio has gone wrong and it is very quickly sending RTP packets, like as fast it can.

Other than operating system problems, I can't think of anything that would make a UDP write run out of buffers. Just doesn't take that long to get a packet out onto the wire as a rule!

I do not know what to do.

The only solution I see to solve this issue is to look with wireshark if RTP packets are indeed leaving the machine very very fast (look at their time); for ex. if you see 100 packets in 0.01 sec then we know that the problem is indeed that the sending speed is too high.

Another idea is to check the latest (unstable) release of ekiga, 3.3.0 if you can...