[Ekiga-list] Sound very choppy: lin/win connection, PulseAudio, ekiga.net sip address

Hi all, I have finally convinced two important contacts to switch from
Skype to Ekiga. They are both on Windows, I am on Linux. We all have
Ekiga sip addresses now.

The sound quality of our conversations was unusable: it was completely
choppy. Could that be because:
1) My distro uses PulseAudio
2) The ekiga.net sip address service might be subpar
3) The Windows Ekiga program might be not well developed
4) The default codec might be subpar

What should I do first? I do not want to replace PulseAudio with Alsa
because I have other applications that depend on PulseAudio.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il