Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga STUN server failure, please repair it...

My client works fine with stun.ekiga.net .

Must i change stun server ?

2011/6/9 Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
On 09/06/11 16:03, Alfonso Napoles wrote:

Hello, some hours ago my ekiga service fail, my ATA device simply can't register anymore with ekiga service... after a lot of troubleshooting I discovered that changing the STUN server from stun.ekiga.net to a different one (like stun.xten.com or stun.fwd.net) all work again...

Can you repair your STUN server please, and also please consider a way to edit the STUN server manually on your ekiga softphone.

Back in the past, there were users who told that stun.ekiga.net does not function reliably.

A few days ago, stun.ekiga.net was changed to point to stun.opalvoip.org, who was said to work reliably.  Here is what happened when it became inaccessible:

On 09/06/11 17:30, Craig Southeren wrote:
> The stun.opalvoip.org server became unresponsive earlier today due to
> saturation of it's 10Mbit/sec network connection.
> At this point, I was notified by my hosting company that the server was
> probably under attack due to the rapid and unexpected increase in traffic.
>
> It's taken me until now to realise what the problem was :)
>
> So, I will pay to increase bandwidth to 100MBit/sec for an extra $10 per
> month and lets see if this solves the problem :)

We can see this as ekiga effect, aka slashdot effect :o)

Now it is online.  As it was a really transient problem, it is better to stand with it.  If things go bad later, then we can think at an alternative solution.

Antonio Trande
"Fedora Ambassador"
"Fedora Italian Translator"

mail: mailto:sagitter fedoraproject org