Re: [Ekiga-list] Nat issues (cont) - REGISTER & Auth

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Jani Patanen <jani patanen gmail com> wrote:
> I was not able to register myself with telepathy either, but I think that
> boils down to TP using and unforwarded port number in my sip URI.

Some things that could get Ekiga working:
* Disable STUN (it's somewhere in gconf) - if your router is rewriting
SIP packets, that could do the trick, assuming the router is good at
it.

Looking at Wiki and tinkering around, I think (not sure) it's disabled with following:
gconftool-2  -t bool -s /apps/ekiga/general/nat/disable_stun true

Tested it and it did not make difference though :(.

* Set your machine's hostname to something other than localhost - that
could help with the Call-ID problem (IIRC Ekiga's using the hostname
for Call-ID, I wonder where that IP came from).

My hostname has been other than localhost all the time.

Thanks for the tips, unfortunate that they did not solve this issue.

-Jani