Re: [Ekiga-list] Invalid Contact header field, or bug in ekiga.net?

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Jānis Rukšāns wrote:

If the Linksys router is used only as an access point, putting the
router in bridging mode (I think most of them have it) could help.
Then NATing would happen only on your Linux server, which you can
configure to your likening.

That would be ok, except -

Looks like I configured the Linksys to only have access to selected
services on the server and the internet.  Bridging would give it access to the
rest of the LAN.  I have an openvpn that laptops use to talk to each other and
the LAN.  I guess I didn't trust WPA much :-)  I also remember wanting to make
the WAP public, in which case I certainly wouldn't give it access to the LAN
:-)

I think a sipproxy is the best solution.

Btw if you plan to post the trace on the list, please attach a zipped
pcap file rather than posting it's contents inline. The latter makes
it hard to read.

Sorry about that.  Will zip it next time.  Some lists don't like attachments.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>