Re: [Ekiga-list] Invalid Contact header field, or bug in ekiga.net?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Stuart Gathman <stuart gathman org> wrote:
> That IP turns out to be "public" IP of the Linksys wireless router
> connected to the local LAN, which is managed by a linux server.  The
> laptops go through the wireless router.   When I get a chance, I'll run
> a trace on the packets as they enter the linux server from the router -
> to see whether linux (centos-5.4) or the linksys is rewriting the
> REGISTER packets.  I suspect the latter.

If the Linksys router is used only as an access point, putting the
router in bridging mode (I think most of them have it) could help.
Then NATing would happen only on your Linux server, which you can
configure to your likening.

Btw if you plan to post the trace on the list, please attach a zipped
pcap file rather than posting it's contents inline. The latter makes
it hard to read.

> Maybe there are other free sip registrars that don't have
> (these particular) bugs.

Look around in the list archives, IIRC there was a couple of them
mentioned in not so old posts. I think iptel.org was one of them.

Cheers
--
Ian